Stay informed with student media

Maddy Arnold

Here is a list of student media organizations at Iowa State to help you stay informed while on campus.

1. ISUtv — ISUtv is the only student-run television station on campus. Check out Channel 18 on cable for news, weather and sports from your fellow ISU students.

2. KURE 88.5 — Listen to KURE 88.5 for alternative music. The student-run radio station offers news, sports and other talk shows for the Ames community.

3. Iowa State Daily — The Iowa State Daily is an independent student newspaper on campus. Read the Daily both in print and online everyday. The Daily provides the community with news, sports, opinion and more each day.

4. Ethos — Ethos is a general interest magazine on campus. It prints three times per school year in full color. Check it out for in-depth features.

5. Uhuru —Uhuru is a multicultural magazine that serves the ISU community. The magazine publishes in-depth articles about issues that affect the African-American, Latino, Asian and Native American communities.

6. Trend — Trend is a student-run magazine that highlights fashion, beauty and lifestyle stories for the ISU community. Trend publishes once each semester.

7. Sir — Sir is Iowa State’s newest student-run magazine. Sir is a men’s magazine that publishes stories that focus on sports, entertainment, food, travel and more.