Printing with PaperCut

Saige Heyer

Although many assignments are submitted online through BlackBoard or by emailing the professor or teaching assistant, some things must still be printed out. If you don’t have your own printer, don’t worry. There are multiple places to print on campus and you can use your printing credits to print rather than going elsewhere and paying out of pocket.

The printing system at Iowa State is called PaperCut. Students can either sign in through the prompt when they try to print from a university computer or by going to papercut.its.iastate.edu:9192/app. Your log-in credentials are your Net ID and password.

Some of the things you can do while logged in to PaperCut include checking your account summary, viewing recent print jobs and those that are pending and web printing. You can see your activity, environmental impact and balance in the summary.

Web printing allows students who are working on their laptops or other wireless devices to print to just about any printer on campus without having to install print drivers.

If you have bigger jobs to print, be courteous and don’t print a large document in one of the computer labs or at Parks Library. Instead, take them to ISU Printing and Copying Services at either one of these locations:

Memorial Union

0303 Memorial Union

294-0008

Payment options: Cash, CyCash, UBill, Departmental PO

Union Drive Community Center

132 UDCC

294-1319