NTK Campus Cafes

Katie Grunewald

Quick snacks and fresh meals are always nearby with the ten campus cafés Iowa State has to offer. Students can find anything from made-to-order sandwiches and salads to specialty coffee drinks and desserts. Each café on campus has a different atmosphere, so students can pick which one best fits their needs. All of the campus cafés accept Dining Dollars and Cycash for students’ convenience.

Bookends Café: Bookends offers Roasterie coffees, smoothies, frappes and hot chocolate. They also have fresh-baked pastries, a variety of packaged salads, sandwiches and wraps that are made fresh daily. Bookends is located inside Park’s Library.

Business Café: The Business Café offers offers Roasterie coffees, smoothies, frappes and hot chocolate. In addition to the variety of packaged salads, sandwiches and wraps that are made fresh daily, the Business Café also offers daily soups and hot specials. Snacks and other bottled beverages are also available at the Business Café. The Business Café is located inside the Gerdin Business Building Bergstrom Commons.

Caribou Coffee: Located inside The Hub, Caribou Coffee offers its full line of beverages and snacks. Coffee, tea, lattes, mochas, smoothies are all available here. Caribou Coffee also offers pre-packaged sandwiches, salads and small snacks.

Courtyard Café: The Courtyard Café has made-to-order deli sandwiches, salads, soups, daily hot specials, and Roasterie coffee. It is located in Lagomarcino Hall. The Courtyard Café also offers smoothies, sodas and small snacks.

Design Café: The Design Café is in the College of Design building on the west side of Iowa State’s campus. They offer the Roasterie coffee line, made-to-order deli sandwiches, salads, soups, daily hot specials, and the pre-packaged sandwiches and wraps that are available that day.

FROOTS: FROOTS is located inside State Gym, and anyone can visit there. FROOTS offers healthy, all-natural smoothies, shakes and fresh-squeezed juices in addition to the pre-packaged wraps and salads.

Gentle Doctor Café: The Gentle Doctor Café is in the College of Veterinary Medicine building. They offer the Roasterie coffee line, soups, made-to-order deli sandwiches, daily hot specials and the pre-packaged sandwiches and salads that are available that day. The Gentle Doctor Café also has Otis Spunkmeyer cookies.

Global Cafe: The Global Cafe is is located inside Curtiss Hall and is brand new this fall semester. It will offer yogurt and fruit cups, salads, wraps, pastries, granola bars, Roasterie coffee, bottled beverages, chips and more. Curtiss Hall’s renovations started in Aug. 2012, and will be finished when school resumes this fall.

Hub Grill & Café: The Hub Grill & Café is located in the middle of campus near Park’s Library. They offer grilled items, made-to-order deli sandwiches, and pre-packaged salads, sandwiches and wraps. Soups, sides, desserts and fountain beverages are also available at the Hub. The Hub also has several vending machines, which are available 24/7.

MU Market & Café: The MU Market & Café is right inside the Memorial Union. They offer Roasterie Coffee, Freshens smoothies, pre-packaged salads, wraps, sandwiches and sides. They have several snacks and desserts available, and a Coke Freestyle machine which allows students to choose from over 100 fountain beverages.