Sales/Marketing Director

The Iowa State Daily is looking for a Sales/Marketing Director  to oversee advertising, marketing, services and events offered by the ISD agency

The Sales/Marketing Director is responsible for recruiting, training and advising student staffs in print and digital advertising sales in the consultative method, promotions, sales management, project development, organizational marketing, social media and the local market conditions

Qualifications: Four-year undergraduate degree in business, advertising or a related field. Minimum requirements include three years advertising and digital media experience/plus two years managing or training salespeople, with some combination in media sales/sales management including digital. Applicant should have thorough understanding of print advertising, digital media sales and product development, media sales landscape and familiarity with collegiate student media operations. A thorough understanding of branding principles and tactics through multimedia including everything digital is expected. The applicant must also have a comprehension of marketing and event planning. An emphasis will be placed on applicant who knows digital, mobile, tablet and app development. Experience with agency model is a plus.

Please send cover letter, vision and philosophy for sales, marketing and public relations position and resume to [email protected] or Sales / Mkt. Director Search, Attn: Laura Widmer, General Manager, Iowa State Daily, 108 Hamilton Hall Ames, IA 50011.

Deadline for applying is April 15, 2013. Position is open and seeking immediate hire. Start time is somewhat negotiable.