Letter to the editor: Steve King will help put Americans back to work

Jonathon Laudner

During Tuesday’s presidential debate, the first question was from a college student named Jeremy who is suffering in the failed Obama economy. I know what Jeremy is feeling. That’s why I’m supporting congressman Steve King for Iowa’s 4th District. King has a plan to get America working again.

King knows the best thing to do to grow our economy is provide business with stability and predictability. In his recent visit to Iowa State’s campus, King told students about his experience as a small businessman. King understands the need to remove layers of government red tape and provide a low, stable tax rate so business can reinvest profit in a larger and better-compensated workforce.

King also recognizes the need for a balanced budget. He proposes a Balanced Budget Amendment, which is supported by Iowa Democratic Congressmen Bruce Braley and Dave Loebsack. Christie Vilsack calls the measure “a gimmick” even though Iowa has a law requiring a balanced budget. I often wonder if she told her husband it was a “gimmick” when he abode by the law as governor.

As a student who will be entering the workforce in the near future, I support Rep. King for Iowa’s 4th District. He is the only candidate in the race with a real plan to create an environment for job creation.