Top 5 things to do on Central Campus

Katherine Klingseis

With its location and vast amount of space, Central Campus is the perfect spot for students to unwind between their classes. Here are the top five things a student can do on Central Campus. 

1. Appreciate nature

One of the most common reasons students give for  choosing Iowa State is the beauty of its campus. During your busy day of classes and other obligations, take time to sit down on Central Campus and enjoy the campus’ beauty.

2. Play Frisbee

Before heading off to class in the morning, slip a Frisbee in your bag. When you get a break, grab a friend, and throw the Frisbee around for a bit. 

3. Sunbathe

Iowa doesn’t have many days that are warm enough for you to sunbathe. But when there is one, take advantage of it! Just stick a towel in your bag before you leave your dorm, and lay out during your lunch break or any other break you may have.

4. Make out

I am not recommending you mash faces with someone on Central Campus, but I’ve seen couples do it in the past. So, if the urge to make out with your significant other suddenly strike you during the day, Central Campus is a picturesque — albeit very public — spot to do take part in that activity. 

5. Show-off

If you’re the kind of person who likes to dress in unique clothing or exhibit crazy talents, you can find a large, vast audience on Central Campus. But just remember: there is such a thing called the Internet. Be prepared to be on it if you do something cool, unusual or embarrassing.