Top five things you can do at Parks Library

Katherine Klingseis

Parks Library is one of the most popular spots on campus. As far as study locations go, Parks Library is a favorite for many students. However, there are a few other things you can do at Parks. Here is a list of the top five things you can do at Parks Library.

1. Eat

Bookends Cafe is situated inside of Parks Library. Like the campus’ other cafes, Bookends has coffee, smoothies, pastries, sandwiches and much more. You can either eat at the cafe, the corridor north of the cafe, Bookends Reading Room or the Fireplace Reading Room.

2. Nap

At Parks, you can find at least one person sleeping at each moment the library is open. The library is a quiet place to rest your eyes between classes, as long as you’re OK with sleeping in public places. 

3. Admire art

With access to murals by famous artists, such as Grant Wood, Kurt Anderson and Doug Shelton, art enthusiasts can get their kick at Parks. There are also scuptures by Nina Ward, Christian Petersen and Stephen DeStaebler in and near the library that students can admire. 

4. Play hide and seek

I’m not recommending you do it, but Parks Library would be a great location to play hide and seek. For one, it’s absolutely huge. On top of that, the layout of the buidling has many twists and turns.

5. Have sex

Again, I am in no way recommending you do this. However, there are rumors that couples in the past have snuck off to remote corners of Parks, and consummated their love, to put it nicely. Again, this is something you can do at Parks Library, not necessarily something you should do.