MonkeyThis, now SnappysDelivers

MonkeyThis, now SnappysDelivers

MonkeyThis, now SnappysDelivers

Anthony Capps

Ames delivery service MonkeyThis started up business again on Thursday under new ownership and a new name.

Now called SnappysDelivers.com, 200 Stanton Ave. Suite 103, the company has two new owners — Jason Mangold and Sumit Patel. SnappysDelivers, like MonkeyThis, still has the same service of delivering common products to the Ames and ISU community for a low price.

Mangold and Patel bought the company when the former owner, Kurt Karr, was in a car accident and hospitalized in May.

“He originally wanted to be able to run this one and [his other one] in Vinton,” Mangold said.

The business shut down in mid-May — about a month after Karr’s accident when he realized he could not visit the business in his condition.

Mangold said when he was approached by Karr to buy the business he hesitated. But after Patel became interested in a partnership with him, he was willing to go ahead with the deal.

Mangold said Karr has been through some surgeries but is unable to travel.

The reason for the name change was part of the buyout deal, Mangold said.

Karr owns another monkey-titled business, MonkeyTown, in Vinton and the name change to SnappysDelivers is meant to help differentiate between the two businesses.

The one in Vinton is an overnight office supply company.

Mangold said the change also reflects more of what the company does.

“The ‘delivers’ is straight to the point of what we do. The ‘snappy’ was more of us throwing ideas out but should reflect on the speed of our service,” he said.

Deliveries average about 25 to 30 minutes, Mangold said.

The changes the two new owners have brought to SnappysDelivers is minimal.

The hours have changed to noon to 11 p.m., and there is no longer a delivery charge.

The two MonkeyThis vehicles now belong to Karr.

“The cars were an expense we didn’t think was the best for us at the moment,” Mangold said. “We are looking into getting a vehicle, but probably not as new as the two there used to be.”

SnappysDelivers does not currently have any employees but Patel said they are expecting to hire in the future.

The two expect to grow but for now are the same business as MonkeyThis.

“We are just a continuation for now,” Patel said. “In the future, we hope to build the business and team up more with the university and student.”

The purpose of the company has not changed.

“SnappysDelivers is here to serve the city of Ames and the Iowa State campus,” Mangold said. “We deliver the products people can use everyday.”

Patel said the company is convenient for students in the residence halls.

“We can be used for students who live in the residence halls since they have to walk all the way to a place like Jack Trice to drive anywhere,” he said. “We can do your grocery shopping and supply shopping for you. You never have to leave your room.”

For more information on SnappysDelivers

E-mail: [email protected]

Phone: 598-9200