Two different meets for Cyclone women’s track and field

Sarah Henry/Iowa State Daily

Erin Stenman-Fahey runs in the 1000 M at the Big 12 Track and Field Championship at Lied Rec Center on Feb. 24. Stenman-Fahey placed second with a time of 2:46.18

Rachel Neumann

On Friday, Iowa State competed at two different meets. One in Stanford, California, at the Cardinal Classic. The other one in Auburn, Alabama, for the War Eagle Invitational.

In California, two runners for Iowa State competed on Friday. They both ran in the 800m event, but in different sections. Freshman Alexis Gourrier placed fourth in her heat with a time of 2:14.65. Senior Erinn Stenman-Fahey also placed fourth with a time of 2:06.67.

At the War Eagle Invitational, a lot more of the Iowa State track team was present. The day started off with the long jump. Sophomore Jalaiya Bartley placed 8th and freshman Erika Furbeck placed 14th.

The 4×100 relay continued their success with a first place victory. The all-freshman relay included: Keira Christie-Galloway, Sydney Milani, Furbeck and Katarina Vlahovic.

Next up was the 1500m relay. This consisted of two heats, with a Cyclone running in each heat. Sophomore Brina Kraft placed 7th and her teammate sophomore Anna Herriott placed 6th.

Shot put was another successful event for the Cyclones as Keiara Williams took home first place. Right after, freshman Megan Durbin placed 11th in the high jump.

Four different Iowa State runners competed in the 100m hurdles. In the first section, Christie-Galloway placed 5th. Right behind her was her teammates freshman Kaylyn Hall in 7th and Vlahovic in 8th. In the other section, sophomore Emily Coghill placed 3rd.

Milani also competed in the 400 meter dash and finished in fifth place. Two of her teammates, sophomores Lauren Hoogenson and Maggie Davis competed in the 800 meter race. Hoogenson took home second while Davis placed fifth.

The next event was the 400 meter hurdles. Senior Emma Whigham finished in fifth and right behind her in sixth place was Hall.

Freshman Vlahovic also took home first place in the 200 meter dash, alongside her earlier first place in the 4×100 relay. In a different heat, Coghill placed sixth.

It was another strong performance for the Cyclone’s relays as the 4×400 finished in second place. Whigham competed along three of her freshman teammates: Milani, Hall and Davis.