Make money without a job

Anthony Capps

Spring break is over and chances are if you didn’t work, your bank account numbers have depleted since break began.

Since not everyone has time for a job while in college, here are some ways to make some extra money without consuming too much valuable time.

Student testing

The psychology department is always looking for student test subjects. Look around campus at bulletin boards, especially in the human science buildings.

Conrad Stalheim, senior in health and human performance, said he found out about his current testing, exercising in dehydration and heat, in class.

“There are some strict criteria so not everyone will be eligible for what I am doing,” he said.

He added that the testing is a four-week commitment.

Donate plasma

Community Bio Resources, Inc., 1618 Golden Aspen Drive, offers a place to donate plasma up to twice a week.

Jesse Erickson, sophomore in electrical engineering, said you can earn up to $60 a week for donating.

“They pay you $20 the first time and $40 on the second visit,” Erickson said.

There are some requirements to be aware of before you can donate.

All donors must be between the ages of 18 and 59 years old and weigh at least 110 pounds. Donors must also be in good health.

First-time donors will have to take a physical exam and answer questions about their medical history.

Online surveys

Companies need to know what people think and want and surveys are the easiest way to find out.

The Web sites www.opinionoutpost.com and www.surveyclub.com offer you points per questionnaire or survey that can be redeemed in the form of coupons, prizes or cash. Some companies may send you surveys directly, which can pay $10 to $30 on average.

Be aware that some Web sites could be scams.

If you aren’t careful with how much information you give out, your e-mail inbox could be overflowing with spam.

eBay

Just like the slogan says, “Whatever it is … you can get it on eBay.”

Nearly anything can be sold. Look around your room and you’ll surely find something you can part with. Unused or rarely worn clothing, wall items, DVDs, video games and books have always been commonly-sold items.

Providing an easy way to make some side money, eBay’s Web site offers free tips and guidelines on how to begin and improve your selling ability, as well as how to build that good reputation every seller strives for.

Miscellaneous

If all else fails, look to see what services you could provide around your house or dorm.

Nearly everyone left for Spring Break, and they probably have some dirty laundry that needs to be washed. Start a laundry service in your dorm or apartment building, and charge a fee for washing other people’s dirty drawers.

Spring is near, and we all know what that means – spring cleaning.

Some people are too lazy to clean up, but they still don’t want to dwell in filth. To make some money on the side, charge people for cleaning their rooms.

There is no reason to worry about low bank account numbers because there is always something that needs to be done and people are always willing to pay for it.