Second CyDay Friday brings deals to students

Sarah Henry/Iowa State Daily

Barefoot Campus Outfitters, located on Lincoln Way, sells Cyclone game day apparel and spirt wear. 

Madelyn Ostendorf

Five different stores will be boasting discounts for CyDay Friday’s Spring Sale for students who show their Student IDs on Friday.

Barefoot Campus Outfitters is offering a 25 percent discount, Dogtown University is offering 35 percent off of new merchandise, Campustown Spirit is offering a 25 percent discount, Intensitee is offering a 35 percent discount and the ISU Book Store is offering a deal where products can be merchandised together at the front of the store for deals of $1, $5, $10 and $20.

As part of their campaign, President Julian Neely and Vice President Juan Bibiloni planned to have a Black Friday-esque sale for students to be able to get Cyclone merchandise and apparel at an affordable price. In coordination with a pre-existing program from the Trademark Licensing Office, they intended to sponsor and promote one day.

“We noticed that many students didn’t have the ability to afford Iowa State merchandise and show their pride of being a Cyclone,” Bibiloni said.

CyDay Friday was originally intended to happen once, but Bibiloni said the stores that participated were so happy with their sale margins and new customers, they suggested another CyDay Friday.

“We never expected to have such a big interest in it, but it was a success,” Bibiloni said. “Right now, we have even better deals [than the last sale]. Some retailers kept their very high sale margins and some increased them.”

Bibiloni said that the ISU Book Store wanted to do another CyDay Friday last semester, and as described the effect of CyDay Friday as a win-win-win situation.

“It’s been a good collaboration between the University, and their programs that already exist, and Student Government as well as the city of Ames,” Bibiloni said.