Student Government to review 2020 allocations

Katlyn Campbell/Iowa State Daily

Vice President Juan Bibiloni addresses his fellow Student Government members during their first meeting of the spring semester on Jan. 16 in the Campanile Room at the Memorial Union.

Madelyn Ostendorf

Student Government will debate and review the annual allocations for Student Government accounts and allocations for student organizations at their Wednesday meeting.

Vice Chair of the Finance Committee, Anne Miller, will be introducing the “Annual Allocations Recommendations for Fiscal Year 2020.” Student Government receives student fees to allocate the student organizations and student services on campus to use throughout the school year. This year, after all budgets have been preliminarily approved by the Finance Committee, it is recommended that $1.7 million be allocated to organizations.

Vice Chair Miller will also be introducing the “Account Allocations for Fiscal Year 2020.” A total of around $2.5 million in estimated student activities fee revenues will be allocated among the Student Government accounts, $1.7 million of which will be for the student organization allocations.  

The Pakistan Student Association, a group that hopes to raise public awareness and promote an understanding of Pakistan, its culture, its heritage, and its politics, is requesting $349.66 to offset costs of funding their Chai Night and pizza and game night welcome events for new members.

Sen. Wyatt Scheu will be introducing a proclamation to thank President Wendy Wintersteen for her assistance in the Women in Stem Initiative (WISI). Wintersteen gave a speech on March 4 about her journey as a woman in STEM.

“Iowa State Student Government thanks Wendy Wintersteen not only for her work as a woman in the STEM fields, but also for her unwavering support of the student body,” according to the proclamation.  

For more information or to contact your senator, visit stugov.iastate.edu. The senate meetings are open to the public at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.