Titus Awokuse announced as second CALS dean finalist

Titus Awokuse of Michigan State University has been announced as the second of three finalists for the next endowed dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.

Photo Courtesy of The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences

Annelise Wells

Titus Awokuse has been announced as the second finalist for the next endowed dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) and director of the Iowa Agricultural and Home Economics Experiment Station.

Awokuse is currently a professor and chair of Michigan State University’s department of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics.

He will be visiting Iowa State’s campus from Sept. 16 to Sept. 18. Awokuse’s open forum will be held Sept. 17 from 3 to 4 p.m. in the Cardinal Room of the Memorial Union.

Awokuse earned his bachelors degree in economics from Berea College and his master’s degree in economics from Murray State University.

He also earned his doctorate in agricultural and applied economics from Texas A&M University. 

Awokuse has been at Michigan State since 2015 after serving as chair and professor of University of Delaware’s department of Applied Economics and Statistics.

For more information on Awokuse, including the itinerary for his visit, his CV and feedback form can be found on the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost’s website.

Awokuse is the second of three candidates being considered for the position.

Daniel Robison visited campus and held his open forum earlier this month after being announced as the first candidate in the search. The last candidate will be announced one-business day before their visit from Sept. 26 to Sept. 28.