Inspirational movie quotes to get you through the rest of the semester

“When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmm?”

Alexander.Gray.Com

It’s the midst of Dead Week. Students across Iowa State’s campus are scrambling to study for tests and finish the semester-length projects that they just started. Finals week is approaching, like a dark cloud, bringing with it despair and sadness. But not all is lost. Instead of throwing in the towel and giving up hope entirely, we can turn to the heroes and teachers of cinema for the inspiration we need to succeed.

“I hope I don’t fail my calculus final.”

“However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Where there’s life, there’s hope.” – Stephen Hawking “The Theory of Everything”

“I’m trying my best on this paper, but I don’t know if I can meet the page count.”

“No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.” – Master Yoda, “Empire Strikes Back”

“I hate finals week, I can’t wait for this semester to be over.”

“You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” – Sean Maguire, “Good Will Hunting”

“I just feel so overwhelmed with all my projects right now. I wish I didn’t have to do so much.”

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” – Gandalf, “The Fellowship of the Ring”

“I looked through all the lecture slides really fast. I think I’m ready for the test.”

“Just when you think you know something, you have to look at in another way. Even though it may seem silly or wrong, you must try.” – John Keating, “Dead Poets Society”

“I’ve got three 7 a.m. finals next week! I’m going to be so tired.”

“…It ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward… That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that.” – Rocky Balboa, “Rocky”

“There’s no way I can pass this test.”

“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bulls— story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort, “The Wolf of Wall Street”

“My professor grades projects way too hard. I don’t know if I’ll even be able to get a C+ on the final.”

“When life gets ya down, you know what ya gotta do? Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.” – Dory, “Finding Nemo”