5 tips for surviving Spring Break on campus

Ames has been ranked as the second best college town in America for 2018 by livability.com.

Maria Pimentel-Diaz

It can be hard for some students to go home over break, so here are five tips on how to survive spending Spring Break on campus:

1. Catch up on sleepIt’s been a long semester, so take this whole week and sleep until noon (because you can). Take advantage of the the fact that for one week you won’t have early morning classes and turn off your alarm!
  2. Catch up on homework: Parks Library will be open some days during break and you’ll have it all to yourself. Take advantage of this because during Dead Week you might not find any peace and quiet.

3. See who else is staying: With international students being 11 percent of the Iowa State community, chances are that you’re not alone, you can make new friends and go on fun adventures during break.

4. Road trips: If you’re not from Iowa or even the Midwest you might not know about all the fun (and cheap) things you can do while staying on campus. Gather a group of friends and go to Ledges State Park or skiing at Seven Oaks Rec. in Boone. You could even go to Six Flags in Chicago or St. Louis or just spend some time exploring Des Moines!

5. Call home: Chances are your family misses you as much as you miss them so give them a call.