Helpful buildings to know on campus at Iowa State

Andrea Poppinga

Iowa State University offers a variety of different support tools, whether you are just beginning your journey at Iowa State or are midway into your college experience.

Knowing where to find the services you desire and what different offices you are specifically looking for is vital to gaining the most out of your experience. 

Thielen Student Health Center – For any health needs regarding illness, physical therapy or prescribed medication, the health center is there to help. They work with multiple insurance companies and have an in-house pharmacy for regular or special prescriptions. 

The Thielen Student Health Center is located right next to Beyer Hall and across the street from State Gymnasium. They have made themselves very accessible by allowing you to make an appointment by calling 515-294-5801. 

Study Abroad Office- This office is located in 3224 Memorial Union. If you are interested in extending your adventure at Iowa State across seas, this is the place to be.

They will give you any advice, answer any financial questions and be a branch of support as you make any deeper decisions. 

Student Financial Aid- This is a good resource for people who are navigating their finances through grants, loans or other aids. They will help you fill out forms, answer your questions and understand your financial aid status. 

The Student Financial Aid office is located in 0210 Beardshear Hall. This building is located between the library and Carver Hall. 

Student Wellness- This service is focused on the physical, mental and spiritual health of a student. They believe the overall wellness of a student helps them define their success. The office is in A37 Friley Hall.

For further questions on these buildings, or any other services offered at Iowa State University, check out the Iowa State website http://web.iastate.edu/students/ for more information.