Iowa State guard TeeTee Starks to transfer

Jack MacDonald/Iowa State Daily

Redshirt freshman TeeTee Starks looks for an open teammate during the Cyclones’ 61-48 win over Oklahoma State on senior night. Starks was held to two points in 19 minutes. 

Aaron Marner

Redshirt freshman guard TeeTee Starks will transfer from the Iowa State women’s basketball program, the school announced in a press release Sunday.

Starks started in 14 of Iowa State’s 31 games in the 2016-17 season, averaging 2.5 points and 4.2 rebounds per game.

Starks chipped in with six points and three rebounds in 24 minutes during Iowa State’s win over No. 6 Texas in February.

“All of us associated with Iowa State women’s basketball want to thank TeeTee for her efforts,” Fennelly said in the press release. “She impacted success on and off the court and we wish her the best in the future.”

Starks is the third Cyclone to leave the program this year. Freshman Aliyah Konate left the program during the season due to career-ending injuries, and redshirt junior Jadda Buckley announced after Iowa State’s final game that she would forgo her final season of eligibility. 

Seanna Johnson, one of the best players to play at Iowa State, also just wrapped up her Iowa State career. 

I have created endless memories here at Iowa State and lifelong friends in my teammates,” Starks said in a statement. “I want to thank the fans for all their support this season and my coaches and the University for giving me the opportunity to play at Iowa State.”