Student Choice: Day 8

Winner of Best Golf Course.

Isd Staff

For the days leading up to Spring Break, the Iowa State Daily will be releasing the seven to eight winners of Student Choice 2017 each day. If you want to see all of the winners at once, make sure to pick up a print copy on campus.

Best Golf Course – Veenker Memorial Golf Course

Best Arts and Culture – Octagon Center for the Arts

Art classes, exhibits, retail gallery shops, you name it, the Octagon Center for the Arts has it. The Octagon is a non-profit community art organization in the downtown Ames Main Street Cultural District. Since 1966 the Octagon has been the foundation of the cultural scene in Ames and has served more than 30,000 people annually by engaging community members of all ages. Stop in and experience the arts!

Best Professor – Dr. Jodi Sterle

Best Coach – Steve Prohm

Steve Prohm is both a coach and a mentor for Iowa State’s men’s basketball team and holds the players accountable both on and off the court. In his first season, he coached the team to a 23-12 mark and the fifth Sweet 16 in school history. From a volunteer assistant coach at a Division III school to the head coach of a Big 12 treasure, Prohm has proven himself to be a dedicated Cyclone through and through every time he steps on the court.

Best Administrator – Steven Leath

Best Student Leader – Cole Staudt

Cole Staudt, student body president, is a leader in the classroom, campus and community. Now a senior in public relations and political science, he has served as the director of information and technology for the Inter-Residence Hall Association. He continued to move up by becoming the director of finance for the IRHA and then the vice president the following year. Now as the student body president, Staudt has proven himself to be a leader since he stepped foot on campus four years ago.

Best Student Organization – Iowa State Dance Marathon