Student Government elections begin Tuesday

Alex Hanson

Voting for Student Government elections for Senate and executive members and a series of referendums will begin Tuesday morning and run through Wednesday evening. 

ISU students will receive an email from Qualtrics on Tuesday with a link to vote for both the Senate and executive seats and five referendums on the ballot.

The ballot will include three tickets for president and vice president: Cole Staudt, senior in political science, and Cody West, junior in biology; Zackary Reece, junior in political science, and Cole Button, sophomore in finance; and Raghul Ethiraj, senior in aerospace engineering, and Akol Dok, senior in political science.

Students will also vote for senators looking to represent 15 different constituencies.

Five referendums are on the ballot, including confirming Supreme Court nominees; requiring certain training for student body president and finance director/treasurer; inserting a non-discrimination statement into the Student Government Constitution; a referendum to combine the responsibilities of the treasurer with the finance director; and a referendum to make Campustown a sub-constituency of United Residents of Off-Campus.

Voting opened at midnight Tuesday and will run through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday.

Election results will be announced at 7 p.m. Friday in room 3512 of the Memorial Union. Results will also be posted on stugov.iastate.edu after the official announcement.