Avoid chilly temps with indoor moves

Jessica Darland/Iowa State Daily

Only a few short weeks after New Year’s 2015, many students can be seen at Lied Athletic Facility and State Gym getting in shape due to New Year’s resolutions they have made.

Alexa Weber

Winter is right around the corner, meaning fuzzy jackets, warm boots and — let’s be honest — less motivation to go to the gym.

However, many fun ways exist to stay in shape throughout winter.

Blogilates is a self-motivated and completely online fitness program. Various 30-day challenges encourage women to find time during the day to work out in the comfort of their own home. It’s super simple — just print out the calendar and search the required YouTube videos for each day. The best part is, it’s free. What more can a college student ask for?

The website also has healthy recipes. Just go to blogilates.com to get started.

Because so many different workouts are available for someone to try, spend some time researching which workout best suits your need.

However, college students should start a few things on the right foot.

Aim for about 30-60 minutes of cardio at least three times a week. Cardio not only helps build endurance and lung strength but also greatly reduces stress.

Full-body workouts will keep metabolism at a healthy rate. Aim for a full-strength workout twice a week.

Stretch after every exercise to reduce the risk of injury. Or, just stretch after a long day of classes. It’s super relaxing and can be done in the middle of the floor. How convenient.

Some workouts simply require a chair. For others, it’s just the floor. Spend some time looking online at workouts catered to personal needs and get that spring break body without the weather getting in the way.