Pink tours campus

Blake Lanser/Iowa State Daily

Style tips and trends from around Ames and the nation.

Hannah Buchanan

Victoria’s Secret label Pink made a stop at Iowa State’s campus for the second year in a row Thursday.

The giant, pink pop-up shop presented unique, collegiate merchandise specifically designed for Iowa State from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. located outside the Memorial Union. 

The event offered discounted prices or freebies with many purchases. The bright, pink bus was easily spotted on campus, with students lined up waiting to have a peek inside. Inside the bus was a variety of styles from the PINK clothing line. Accessories were also sold.

The pop-up shop event will travel to 13 lucky campuses across the nation. Iowa State was the second stop, following the University of Iowa. The shop will then proceed to the University of Arkansas, Nebraska, Louisville, Kentucky, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Florida State and Florida.

While most items at North Grand Mall’s location are full price, the pop-up shop offered 15 percent off of all purchases, in addition to a free pair of socks for many students.

“I have yet to see anyone walk out of our bus without a bag in their hand,” said Autumn McGill, senior in event management and campus rep for the brand.

Bailey Kanne, senior in public relations, said she frequently shops the PINK brand because she can always find what she needs.

“They are my go-to place for leggings and comfortable crew neck sweatshirts,” Kanne said.

Last year, the event was hosted off campus in front of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority on Lynn Avenue. Having the event on campus this year made for a more successful turnout, representatives said.

“This year our event is more accessible to everyone due to the fact it is on campus and easy to navigate towards on your way to class or back to your apartment,” Rachel Welsh, senior in communication studies and campus representative for Pink, said.

“Headquarters really helps set us up for success with this event and overall just makes it fun for everyone” Welsh said.

To learn more about Pink’s campus tour or view items you can visit their website www.victoriassecret.com/PINK.