BOR QUOTES

Matthew Rezab

Leath

“The health center has faced a number of challenges over the years, but we are committed to making all the necessary improvements to make sure our students get the highest quality care and support that they deserve.”

New director, quality improvement officer, and CMAs at front desk. Working closely with MacFarland Clinic.

“I think we’re well on our way to improving the health center. What we’re going to do is have interim director and martino address the board.”

Four priorities we built our budget around: Enhancing the student experience and ensuring their success. “These are programs that improve retention, graduation rates, decrease time to degree and decrease student debt. aggressively recruiting faculty.

Expanding research and scholarly promotion. – Enhancing programs to get more grad students and post docs. 

Economic development – We’re continuing to make large investments in the isu research park and it is having an affect on the economy in iowa.

Ensuring a welcome inclusive and safe campus – diversity on campus. hiring a CDO. Investing 15,000,000 increase in tuition. 

“Because so many of those students are residents, that 15 mil in tuition increase does not really keep up with the services they need.”

22 million in enhancing student experience. 8.7 million and leverage it with 14.2 million in reallocations to do things like have more advisors expand class offerings, training of faculty in hybrid instruction methods, improve classrooms, 

Other things, wireless network, bus services, expanding scholarhsips and financial aid. hiring faculty 

500k used in a number of ways. An effort partner with the city

19.4 million in reallocation, 85 percent of reallocation comes from resignations and retirement of faculty. Provost set a record of over 110 this year. 

LEATH “We don’t think we’re going to have to turn away students. I have a commitment to the students that we’re not going to use dens in any substantive way going forward. We may have to use dens for a week or two at the beginning of the semester until we sort it all out. But, Director Englin feels confident that after the first couple weeks he’ll get it sorted out and there will be beds without using the dens for all the students.”

“Enrollment predictions were in that 500-600 range for most of the year, they’ve surged in the last few weeks to levels we didn’t anticipate, so we are scrambling a little bit, but we’re confident we can find regular beds in quality rooms for everybody within the first two weeks of the semester.”

“Our growth will probably be twice that of Iowa’s. It’s in the range of what we’ve seen in recent years.