Parking permits available for students

Parking permits are available to purchase on Access Plus for students living on campus and students who commute.

Kyle Heim

Avoiding a parking fine is simple, but it either requires money or the willingness to spend a little extra time and effort to get to campus.

Parking permit options:

– Residence halls parking

– Vet Med student parking – Lot 93

– Commuter parking – Lot 29, 68 and 119

– Pay by stalls (75 cents/hour, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday-Friday) – Lots 21, 100, and East Campus Parking Deck

– Most general staff and reserved parking (after 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and weekends)

Students can purchase permits through AccessPlus.

The Commuter Lot at Iowa State Center – free parking

Commuters have the opportunity park at any of the designated parking lots at the Iowa State Center — A3, A4, B4, B5 and B6 — for free and ride Cy-Ride’s Orange Route into campus. Cars are not permitted in the lot past 10 p.m.

In addition to all vehicles, all motorcycles parked on campus need a permit. Permits are available on a yearly basis, July 1 – June 30. Click here for costs of permits.

Regulations for parking a bike on campus

According to the ISU Parking Division:

– All bicycles on university property must have a bicycle identification sticker issued by Iowa State University.

– All bicycles must be parked in the bicycle racks provided. Bicycles that are parked improperly may be impounded.

– Bicycles that are considered abandoned will be impounded.

– Bicycles must not be taken inside university buildings unless they authorized by the Department of Public Safety.