Mock food schedule for freshmen

Lauren Grant/Iowa State Daily

Pairing fruit or yogurt with dried fruit bars that are made of a variety of fruits, oats and nuts can be a healthy alternative when coming up with snack ideas for any time of the day.

Erin Parro

Here are two different mock food schedules that are most common for students. Look at your schedule to figure out what dining options will be closest to your location and are adequate for the amount of time you have. 

For students who have earlier classes:

Breakfast: Yogurt, a granola bar and fruit make for great foods on the go when you have an early class.

Lunch: The Memorial Union makes for a great stop if you don’t have a lot of time to run back to your dorm, apartment or the dining centers farther from the center of campus.

Afternoon snack: Stop at a café for a quick bite to eat, such as a cup of pineapple, pastry or a cup of coffee to keep you going for the day.

Dinner: Choose from the variety of dining halls such as: Seasons, Conversations, Union Drive Dining Center, Hawthorn or Storms.

For students who have a majority of afternoon classes:

Breakfast: Head to one of the dining centers for a large breakfast to start your day off right.

Lunch: Depending on when your first class starts you may not have time to go to a dining center. Bring a sandwich you made in your dorm or apartment. Stop at the coffee shops for small snacks to keep you going throughout the day.

Dinner: Head to Subway or Panda Express in the Memorial Union for a perfect meal to end your busy afternoon.

Late Night Meals: Multiple places around campus are open after the larger dining centers close at 7 or 8 p.m. Places to get food later in the evening include: East, West, and South Side Markets, Clyde’s Sports Club, Froots, Hawthorn, Conversations and the MU Market Café.