Marching band performs Sounds of Summer

Kelby Wingert/Iowa State Daily

The ISU marching band plays before the Homecoming game against Toledo on Oct. 11, 2014 at Jack Trice Stadium.

Katelyn Horner

On June 19 and 20, the ISU marching band will once again host the Sounds of Summer Marching Percussion Clinic, its annual summer marching percussion clinic. 

Directors and students of varying skill levels are welcome to register for the event. Individual student, as well as director registration, costs $50, whereas group rates for 15 or more students from the same school are $40 per person. Directors may attend for free if a student group is brought with them.

Sounds of Summer is an annual summer marching percussion clinic that will take place June 19 and 20 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Students will be divided into groups based on their skill level, and each group will focus on building students’ abilities. Experienced students will practice advanced techniques, and beginners will learn the basics, while directors will have opportunities both days to speak with camp clinicians at their convenience.

Directors and students will meet and work with camp clinicians both days on campus in 149 Music Hall, which is located near the Enrollment Services Center. A campus map is available on Iowa State’s website.

Registration information and additional details about the event can be found on the ISU marching band’s website.