Copper Beech to address students’ concerns on Copper Beech

Campus Crest, the owners of the Grove and Copper Beech, the apartment complex that has left many Iowa State students left with concerns about their living environment, seeks to aid and answer their tenants questions.

Robert Dan, the Chief Operations Officer for Campus Crest, assures students that Copper Beech will help them with any problems found in their apartments upon their move-in date. He also says that the construction delay that caused the complex to pay for some of their tenants to live in hotels until the building was complete was largely due to soil issues on the property.

“We had soil issues that we had to deal with, which was a struggle when we did the Grove project as well. The soil is very fertile, and it has been very difficult to find firm soil to build on. It’s a little more difficult to work with.”

Dan also stated that some of the contractors they hired were not doing their jobs properly or as quickly as they had promised.

“We had to change them out and get somebody who knows what they are doing.” said Dan. “The most important thing for [Campus Crest] is the students. We house over 46,000 students across the country, we know where our bread is buttered and that is taking care of the students. If we run into an issue like this, we take care of them the best we can.”

The apartments have had complaints from students upon finding that appliances, power outlets, and air conditioning that did not work or were broken. Copper Beech aims to resolve these problems and any other issues as quickly and as efficiently as they can.

All buildings by Campus Crest were inspected and signed by the local business authorities.

“We have replaced and repaired everything the students have issues with. It’s a big complex, it’s bound to have some problems. We try to fix those issues the best we can.” said Dan.

Copper Beech has used social media to communicate with their tenants, as well as posting notices around the complex.

“When it comes down to it, our focus is the students. We want to give them the best experience that we can during their time in school.”