Letter: With Hoben/Knight everything’s a’ight

Hey, Iowa State. As many of you are aware, we’ve got some important decisions to make this coming Monday and Tuesday. We’ve got to elect some leaders to represent our thoughts, opinions and ideas.

And we aren’t just tasked with selecting senators to vote on our behalf, we’ve got to choose a president and a vice president to lead this campus next year.

First and foremost, I implore you all to vote in the GSB elections. All you have to do is go to vote.iastate.edu on Monday or Tuesday, at any time and electronically submit your vote.

Secondly, I ask you to choose the right Executive Candidates. I ask you to vote for Dakota Hoben and Jared Knight.

I have known Jared since my first week at Iowa State, and I have gotten to know Dakota as well over the past few weeks. There is no doubt in my mind that they are the best candidates for the position. I’m not going to regurgitate their platform to you — you can find all of that information at their website, hobenknight.com.

Instead, I testify to you on behalf of their character and work ethic. Dakota and Jared, simply put, get things done. Despite not being elected yet, they have already begun to act like the president and vice president that I hope they will become. They’re getting out on campus, visiting clubs all over campus and making sure that the opinions of all students are heard.

If you want the Government of the Student Body to truly be about the students next year, if you want to have an impact on what happens to your fees and your fellow students, then I urge you to make the right decision.

I urge you to vote for Dakota Hoben and Jared Knight.