GSB senate to discuss funding for concert, student organizations

Michaela Sickmann

The Student Union Board is hoping to bring Bo Burnham to Iowa State at a greatly reduced rate for students.

Burnham is a musical comedian who caught his big break after uploading some of his songs to YouTube. Some of his most popular songs are “I’m Bo Yo” and “New Math.”

The Student Union Board is putting $3,000 worth of funds toward Burnham and is requesting another $4,500 from the Government of the Student Body senate to help cover the remaining costs.

The senate is also being asked for funding from the Pakistan Student Association. According to the bill, the group is working to “promote understanding of Pakistani culture and raise awareness and funds for victims of Pakistan’s flooding in summer 2010.”

The group is looking forward to attracting new members, and is asking for $2,384.30 out of the discretionary account to help with culture night, transportation, Iowa State Daily advertising, e-mail lists to help with flood fundraising and office supplies.

GSB senate will also be discussing the transfer of budgets from the capital projects accounts to the events accounts. This will be more useful to students and their organizations. In doing so, the events accounts will contain $45,043.32 more for future student organization needs.