LETTERS: Three reasons for Peterson/Wilson

When it comes to the GSB Presidential race this year, there are two tickets for students of ISU to choose from. As someone who has served two and a half terms as a GSB Senator and has served with, agreed with, and disagreed with each member of both Presidential tickets, I find that the Peterson/Wilson ticket stands out as the better choice for student for three main reasons.

The first reason being why each candidate chose to run for GSB President. According to statements on their websites and from past Daily articles, the reason why Roling/Dobbels decided to run is that they wanted to end their time at ISU on a high note and think it would be fun. This to me doesn’t sound like a good reason for wanting to become the next GSB President and Vice-President. When looking over the reasons why the Peterson/Wilson ticket decided to run for GSB President it was because of their passion and desire to serve the community and the students of ISU. Based on my personal experience, I can tell you that the level of passion that both Chandra Peterson and Jacob Wilson have shown in GSB while dealing with the various issues that face the student body at Iowa State is not only refreshing, but it is genuine as well.

The second reason why I support the Peterson/Wilson ticket came from reviewing both of their websites and reading about their platforms. The issues and plans of action presented on Roling/Dobbels website are vague and unclear. Either they don’t really have a plan for what they want to do or accomplish, or they really need to work on their communications skills. Peterson and Wilson on the other hand have clearly defined issues, goals, and a plan of action for accomplishing their objective as GSB President and Vice-President. It may be just me, but I like knowing what candidate plan to do once in office and how they plan to do it.

The third and final reason why I plan to vote for the Peterson/Wilson ticket for GSB President is leadership. Ironically, for all the talk about leadership by the Roling/Dobbels ticket and the blog posting they have written about leadership, the ticket with the most leadership experience and track record of success is Peterson/Wilson. While the other ticket talks about leadership, the actions of Chandra Peterson and Jacob Wilson have more than proven their leadership ability. I’m voting Peterson/Wilson because with true leadership, actions speak louder than words, and I believe that Chandra and Jacob will continue to do great things for ISU students.

Jacob Johnston is a Senior in Logistics and Supply Chain Management