LETTERS: Roling and Dobbels have passion to lead students

Haley Comisky

I am writing this letter in support of the Roling-Dobbels campaign in the upcoming Government of the Student Body election.

I’ve known both Luke Roling and Nate Dobbels since my first day at Iowa State. They were both extremely helpful during my first year, giving their advice on everything from the best dishes in the dining centers to how to get involved on campus. As I got to know them, I found them to be passionate about their beliefs and willing to go the distance to overcome any obstacles on their paths.

Even though I’m not anyone important with a title to add after my name, Roling and Dobbels listen to my opinions and concerns about campus issues avidly. For this reason, I believe that they will do everything in their power to address issues brought to them by any student, no matter how “unimportant” they believe themselves to be.

I’m voting Roling-Dobbles because I believe that their campaign goals are realistic and very attainable. If elected, both Roling and Dobbels will do everything in their power to create stronger partnerships between not only the students and GSB representatives, but also the university and the City of Ames.

So I’m asking you, student body of Iowa State, to give these two guys a chance. They have the potential to be great leaders and to facilitate the forward progress of GSB while creating lasting partnerships that will allow all voices to be heard.

Please vote Roling-Dobbels on March 1 and 2.

Haley Comisky is a junior in linguistics