LETTER: Vote for Jeremy Davis on Dec. 1

To the residents of Ames Ward 3:

I am a junior at Iowa State University and I am writing to encourage Iowa State University students and long-term residents of Ames Ward 3 to vote for Jeremy Davis during the run-off election on Dec. 1.

When I was a freshman at Iowa State University, I chose to join Acacia Fraternity. It was through Acacia Fraternity that I met one of the most dedicated and hard-working individuals I have met at Iowa State. This individual is Jeremy Davis. He has served as the chapter advisor for our chapter since 2001 and is truly committed to seeing young people succeed. Through continual involvement as our chapter advisor, Jeremy is in-touch with the student population at Iowa State and understands the issues and concerns that affect students on a daily basis.

As a student preparing to enter my senior year of college, I will soon embark upon a search for a job in the engineering field. Preferably, I would like to be able to stay in the Ames area for my career, because, quite frankly, I have really enjoyed living in Ames. But, in order to be able to stay in Ames after graduation, jobs have to be available. After looking throughout the community, it would be nice to see a stronger commercial and industrial private sector with good-paying jobs, because, as it is now, there aren’t very many jobs available to graduating seniors in the local area. Having an increased level of jobs in Ames would not only provide for an increased population, but also increased revenues for the city and school system through a stronger tax-base.

So, when you go to the polls on Dec. 1, and if you want to have increased opportunities for jobs, a stronger retail community and a brighter vision for Ames, then cast your vote for Jeremy Davis. I’m supporting Jeremy, and I encourage the voters of Ames Ward 3 to support Jeremy Davis as well!

Thank you,

Matt England

Junior

Aerospace Engineering