Student Government to begin new Senate session, seat committee members

Taylor Blum/Iowa State Daily

Members of Student Government listen to assistant vice president of the Equal Opportunity Office Margo Foreman talk about the upcoming sexual assault survey. Student Government held a meeting Feb. 13 in the Campanile Room in the Memorial Union.

Madelyn Ostendorf

Student Government will confirm members of cabinet and seat members of the Senate Wednesday in its first meeting of the new Senate.

Confirmations will be made for a member of the CyRide Board of Trustees, the chief of staff, the finance director and the treasurer.

Juan Bibiloni, senior in mechanical engineering, will be confirmed to sit on the CyRide Board of Trustees. Bibiloni has previously served as vice president and a senator in Student Government. The board meets throughout the year to discuss matters pertaining to CyRide and its operations.

Chase Kusel, junior in public relations, will be confirmed to serve as President Austin Graber and Vice President Vishesh Bhatia’s chief of staff. Kusel has served previously as the senior director of public relations.

Madison Mueller, senior in agricultural business, will be confirmed to serve as the finance director. Mueller has previously served as a College of Agriculture and Life Sciences senator, and served on the finance committee.

Lucy Dougherty, senior in economics, will be confirmed to serve as the treasurer. Dougherty has previously served on the finance committee.

The Senate will also seat members to serve as the civic engagement committee chair, the clerk, the speaker, the vice speaker, a senator to serve on the CyRide Board of Trustees and a chair of the student initiatives committee.

For more information or to contact your senator, visit stugov.iastate.edu. The senate meetings are open to the public at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.