Police Blotter

The information in this log comes from ISU Police Department records provided to the Daily. All those accused of violating the law are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

March 25

• Andrew Burt, 18, 201 Gray Ave., was cited for underage possession of alcohol.
  • Linda Beltinger reported the theft of towels from the laundry area.
  • Jacob Williams, 18, of West Des Moines, was arrested and charged with public intoxication.
  • A staff member reported racially related graffiti had been written on a stairwell wall.
  • Officers responded to a dumpster fire. It was determined the fire was caused by hot discarded charcoal.
  • A found set of keys was placed into secure storage.
  • Mark Lenhardt, 20, 311 Ash Ave., was cited for simple harassment, reference an earlier case.
  • Officers assisted another agency regarding an individual possibly operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent.

March 26

• Katrina Lutzow, 21, 3107 Ellis St., was taken into custody on a warrant held by the Story County Sheriff’s Office.
  • A staff member reported damage to a cement ashtray.
  • Officers were asked to check the welfare of a student. The individual was later located.
  • A vehicle that left the scene struck a car owned by Charity Miller.
  • A found cell phone was placed into secure storage.
  • Heather Newhouse, 125 Campus Ave. apt. #13, reported the theft of a bike. The incident occurred sometime between March 9 and March 14.
  • A motorcycle driven by Michael Guido stuck a parked vehicle.
  • Vehicles driven by Eric Rahn and Dean Ulrichson were involved in a property damage collision.
  • A student reported being verbally harassed by two unknown men.

March 27

• A staff member reported the theft of cash.
  • Officers initiated a drug-related investigation.

March 28

• A staff member reported damage to windows; there were several golf balls observed in the area.
  • A student reported the theft of a key ring.
  • A staff member reported damage to a window.
  • A patron reported the theft of a wallet, cell phone and other items from a locker room.
  • The cash that was reported missing on March 27 was located.