UBS surveys student satisfaction

Mike Britson

Stories about student’s experiences buying and selling books are told every semester. Now, University Book Store wants to hear those stories too.In an effort to find out what students, faculty and staff think about their services, policies and products, UBS staff are giving surveys to everyone coming through the door.The survey asks customers to rate the importance of service and textbooks, and their satisfaction with UBS in these areas. As an incentive, customers can register to win prizes from the UBS as well as receive a Sacajawea dollar when the survey is turned in before March 9. Lynette Seymour, UBS store manager, said they are “committed to providing our customers with quality service.” While Seymour said parking was going to be an issue, she expected the overall response will be good. “I think we are going to find some really positive things,” she said. Corey Bisgard, sophomore in production and operations management, said he wanted to see cheaper prices for textbooks and buybacks, but he was satisfied with the UBS for the most part.”They are doing a good job with everything except the percentage back on book buyback,” he said. The survey was developed for UBS by the National Association of College Stores. Over 3,500 college book stores are members of the nationwide trade group association, which offers the survey to bookstores around the country, Seymour said.