Today’s Briefs

Various Reporters

Chicago shuttle tickets available

Students going to Chicago and surrounding areas during Christmas break can purchase shuttle bus tickets in 110 Alumni Hall.

The Orientation Office is sponsoring the shuttle. Round trip tickets are $80 and must be purchased by Dec. 8 to reserve a place on the bus.

The bus will leave Ames at 5 p.m. on Dec. 15 and will return on Jan. 6.

— Kati Jividen

MU extends study hours for Dead Week, Finals Week

The Memorial Union is trying to make studying for finals a little bit easier for students this semester by extending study hours in the Commons and Browsing Library and providing a little fun in the Maintenance Shop.

The Commons will be open 24 hours a day from this Thursday through Dec. 14. Free coffee will be available to students studying in the Commons.

The Browsing Library will be open during Dead Week from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday. The library also will be open during Finals Week from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday.

Students will be able to take a break from studying in the Maintenance Shop from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday through Friday. The shop will be featuring “The Romper Room,” formerly the Stress Free Zone, which will have Legos, Play Dough, checkers and other activities to help relieve student stress. Coffee, espresso and free popcorn will be available.

— Brandy Hirsch