‘Queer plan won’t work on me,’ sophomore says

Erin Griebahn

To the editor:

In response to all of the pro-queer letters to the liberal editors of the Daily, thankfully they did publish the letter of three concerned ISU students.ÿ

These ISU students actually had the guts to stand up for the demoralization of their campus, their community and essentially their society as a whole.

Rarely does the Daily have front, back and week-long coverage of other events at Iowa State.ÿ

For example, the greek system devoted a week to improving their voice at their school and impacting their community.ÿThey raised a hefty sum of money (something like $27,000) during their jump into a scummy pond, and there was some coverage: a tiny picture underneath the huge picture of the drag queen and a brief explanation of what they did.ÿ

How did the homosexuals improve community involvement? Handing out a few pink triangles to their bed partners?ÿ

If it was any other type of campus organization similar to the greek system (i.e. Christian organization or anti-abortion organization) tons of people would complain about having something forced on them.ÿ”Oh, how horrible!”

I seem to remember there being a lot of irritation about a certain table tent that involved controversial abortion issues.ÿ

Many people supposedly lost their appetites over that, and it was accepted on campus that it wasn’t appropriate.ÿ

But because we are dealing with homosexuals we are not allowed to raise our opinions of non-acceptance.ÿ

No one would have said, “Oh, we need to accept them because they are pro-life advocates and have every right to express their viewpoints.”ÿ

But because the queers want acceptance, everyone is supposed to give it to them, right?ÿI don’t think so.ÿ

The queer’s plan is not going to work on me. They (liberals, commies and queers) never have to accept anything conservative, capitalistic or moral.ÿJust like I don’t have to accept the entire liberal, socialistic, one-sided issues that the Daily loves to promote.

I don’t want them infiltrating my society.ÿI don’t have to accept it.

Erin Griebahn

Sophomore

English