Godar, Jerrett pretty intolerant

Mark Davis

To the editor:

I didn’t want to have to write in another “racist” letter to the editor, but I guess that I had better. First of all, I think the tone of Ben and Greg’s columns last week were, I don’t know, pretty intolerant of my beliefs.

And what about Sarah Wheeler’s letter to the editor? That was definitely pretty intolerant of mine and a lot of other opinions. But I guess if you are a homosexual or are Ben and Greg at the Daily then it is impossible for you to be intolerant.

You’re so tolerant of the homosexual movement and other extremely radical movements that you have reached a higher level of understanding, and it is not that you are being intolerant of my beliefs — you are just right, and everybody else is wrong. Amazing.

I also felt it necessary to address Ben’s oh-so-intelligent idea of associating people who oppose homosexuality with the KKK. Of course this idea is ridiculous; homosexuality is not a skin color.

But I guess that I haven’t reached the higher level of understanding yet.

One last thing: I have an idea that could solve a lot of our problems.

We need an alternative news source. We need a paper that isn’t saturated with liberalism. We need a paper that would represent the students on campus who actually have morals and are willing to stand up for what they believe in.

But this paper would have to be willing to hear and tell both sides of the story. This paper wouldn’t call something a smashing success when 30 out of 25,000 students come to show their support for it.

In other words, we need a credible newspaper. If you agree with me, flood the Daily office with e-mails and letters.

Mark Davis

Sophomore

Pre-advertising