Don’t resign, Jischke

Peris Chamberlain

Resigning is the last thing Mr. Jischke should be thinking about. I believe that the student government is run quite well, but there is one thing that plenty of people have forgotten about: the authority that our student body has been given.

The power we have includes great responsibility, which includes the well-being and protection of the masses.

There should be some kind of moral guidelines instilled in the minds of those who have to make these decisions.

As a student government, we do not have the ability to make the right decision. Mr Jischke has only stepped in because he is certain that intoxication has corrupted Veishea.

This whole idea about rebelling against this bill is simply a justification of those who want to drink. Martin Jischke could care less whether or not we have our little sway in what goes on around here. If we are allowing something that is jeopardizing the life of even one person, then we aren’t doing our job.

This is where you went wrong Mr. Krewson. Each and every person is entitled to life and the idea that you said “so what?” about one person being killed disturbs me and makes me wonder about your moral obligations.

If we are not concerned about the life of one person, when are we to be concerned?

If Mr. Jischke doesn’t intervene, what other devastation of today’s demoralized society could we have brought about?

Freedom cannot be complete freedom. Mr. Jischke hasn’t stripped anyone’s rights, but he has given more people freedom and security to attend Veishea.

Peris Chamberlain

Freshman

Electrical engineering