Get your financial aid

Earl E. Dowling

By now, the U.S. Department of Education has mailed all currently enrolled student financial aid applicants their Electronic Access Code.

This code was mailed to every aid applicant’s “permanent home address,” the address listed under “home” on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA.

This Electronic Access Code will permit you and your family to renew your FAFSA on the Web for the 2000-2001 academic year.

Please do not forget to look for that mailing at home.

There will not be a paper renewal FAFSA, so the Electronic Access Code is critical.

If you wish to be on the safe side, feel free to pick up a paper FAFSA at the Student Answer Center desk in Beardshear Hall.

Should you be unable to locate your Electronic Access Code, another one may be obtained on the Internet on HYPERLINK (http:// www.pin.ed.gov).

All student financial aid applicants and their families are encouraged to use the on-line FAFSA application procedures.

Filing on-line is faster, has a built-in math checker and IS SECURE.

Only authorized individuals will have access to your name and family’s personal financial information.

Regardless, whether you file electronically or by paper, the FAFSA should be filed no later than Feb. 14, 2000.

Iowa State’s priority application deadline is March 1.

If you or your family has questions, you may e-mail us here at HYPERLINK at sfainfo@iastate. edu or call toll free at 1-800-478-2998.

Earl E. Dowling

Director

Student financial aid