News Briefs

Daily Staff Writer

No WWF for Ames

The World Wrestling Federation will not be returning to Ames after all, despite earlier reports that the professional wrestling organization might be visiting again.

On Sept. 1, the Iowa State Center announced that WWF would be holding another event in Hilton Coliseum in October, only two months after WWF’s “Raw is War” show was broadcast from Ames on Aug. 23.

However, the event was canceled two days after the announcement, said Iowa State Center promotions coordinator Sara Huber.

“It was unfortunate, but [WWF] had accidentally double-booked themselves. It was just a communication problem,” she said.

Huber did not rule out the possibility of WWF returning to Ames in the near future.

“We’re still working on that,” she said.

—David Roepke

IRHA seats two

The Inter-Residence Hall Association unanimously passed bills to seat two executive positions at its Thursday night meeting.

Joe Foster, former Towers Resident Association president, was seated as IRHA vice president.

Brant Ausenhus resigned from the vice presidency earlier this semester for academic reasons.

Jeremy Hayes, sophomore in pre-business, was seated as the director of information technology.

IRHA parliament also unanimously passed a bill to add Brooke Smerber, sophomore in animal science, to the IRHA/Government of the Student Body joint committee that is examining the Department of Residence’s budget.

IRHA also resolved to form an ad hoc committee to determine the future of Free Friday Flicks.

The ad hoc committee will decide if the movies ordered for this semester will be played or if IRHA will wait until second semester to start Free Friday Flicks.

—Amie Van Overmeer