Briefs

Daily Staff Writer

LEAP program seeks applications

The Student Activities Center is accepting applications for its spring semester LEAP Cardinal program.

Leadership adviser Angela Joyner said the Leadership Enrichment Action Program’s goal “is to provide leadership training to ISU students.”

The Cardinal program is open to emerging student leaders at Iowa State.

Topics for the various sessions include personal assessment, service learning, life management and motivation/communication. There will also be a diversity panel.

Speakers include Eric Yarwood, Student Union Board program adviser; Devna Pritchard, service learning coordinator; Gwen Woodward, director of the Academic Success Center; and Laura Bestler, assistant director of student activities for the Student Activities Center.

The sessions will be held Feb. 2, 9, 16 and 23, and March 2 and 9. Applications are available in Room B6 of the Memorial Union and are due Jan. 29.

For more information contact Angela Joyner at 294-1023 or e-mail [email protected]

Involvement sessions to be held

Students looking for ways to become more active at Iowa State will be given ideas Wednesday at a meeting titled “550 Ways to get Involved at ISU.”

The hour-long informational meetings will be held at noon and 4 p.m. in the Gold Room of the Memorial Union.

For more information contact Laura Bestler, assistant director of student activities for the Student Activities Center, at 294-1023 or e-mail [email protected].