The good life

Jason Peterson

It seems like a lot of negative things are being said about the Towers recently. I would just like to say that there are people who really enjoy living out here. I will say that I was a little apprehensive about being stuck off campus when I first got here.

However, not whining and moving away was one of the best things I’ve done at college.

For those of you who haven’t had the privilege of living in a Tower, you are missing out.

The ten-minute walk to campus is a great time to relax and reflect on each day and maybe practice your singing voice or pray to God. There is also a sense of community that can’t be matched anywhere else on campus.

There are always 50 of your closest friends to talk to or play games with just a few steps away. And if you can’t finish off the third medium pizza there’s plenty of hungry stomachs waiting to help.

In the Des Moines Register, it mentioned how little you can fit in a room. I invite anyone to come see the creativity that develops in interior design. Storms 2127 has all the allotted furniture plus another chair, two filing cabinets, fridge, TV, end table, bookshelf, crockpot, two computers, two bikes, a walk-in closet and a couch. Feel free to stop by and take a look.

By replacing Towers with “apartment-like housing,” the University is destroying the best functioning community this campus has.

Whoever says no one wants to live at Towers has apparently never talked to anyone who lives here.

Jason Peterson

Sophomore

Civil engineering