Garbage zone

Dayna Sims

Welcome to the garbage zone. Classes started a little more than a month ago and already pop cans, newspapers and trash are cluttering our campus.

As Iowa State students, having a campus that is beautiful and clean is personally rewarding. Not only is litter ugly and smelly, it attracts bugs and critters that most of us don’t want to come in contact with. I’m sure you’ll agree that keeping our campus litter free is everyone’s responsibility.

The ISU campus is where most of us spend the majority of our time in class, walking back and forth to class, socializing, exercising or just relaxing. You could say this is our “big” backyard for the time we are here. You wouldn’t throw empty pop cans and trash in your own backyard, would you?

How can you help? Please take pride in your campus and share the responsibility of keeping it clean. You can participate in the quest of keeping our campus clean by picking up after yourself and by placing trash in the proper receptacles conveniently located all over campus and recycling bins for pop cans near most pop machines. If everyone does his or her part, keeping our campus clean will be relatively easy. As students, we know ISU is known for its academic achievement. Let’s show everyone we care about our campus environment, too!

Thanks for your attention. We can make a difference!

Dayna Sims

Senior

Family and consumer sciences

education