F.Y.I.

Daily Staff Writer

• Food Service looking for workers for spring semester — The Department of Residence Dining Services currently is offering three employment plans this coming spring semester for Iowa State students.

Students have the options of working 12 hours per week for $1,140; 15 hours per week for $1,425; or 18 hours per week for $1,710.

These amounts are accredited toward the students’ spring university fees.

Students also have the option of receiving their salary directly by check at a rate of $6 per hour.

According to a press release, Dining Services works with students to schedule hours around their class times. While working for Dining Services, students receive free uniforms, a 50 percent discount on meals, a $50 bonus for working 15 or more hours per week and a $50 bonus for good attendance.

Students can choose to work at any of the 10 on-campus dining halls.

Both on-campus and off-campus students may apply to Dining Services.

Applications for Dining Services Fall 1998 and Spring 1999 employment can be picked up from any of the residence hall dining service offices, or from the Dining Services Administrative Office in 1216 Friley Hall. For more information, call 294-3856.

• Canadian professor to give chemistry presentation — On Wednesday, Professor Jik Chin of McGill University in Montreal, Canada, will be presenting a lecture titled “Computation and experiments in bio-inspired molecular recognition and catalysis.”

His lecture will be held at 4:10 p.m. in Room 1352 of Gilman Hall. It is free and open to the public.

The lecture is sponsored by the Iowa State’s Department of Chemistry.