Homecoming Committee helps host golf outing

Matt Tremmel

Students and alumni will gather at Veenker Memorial Golf Course Sunday for an omelet breakfast and golf outing.

The omelet breakfast will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the golf course on Stange Road.

The omelet breakfast and golf outing is the product of a collaboration between Homecoming Committee and the 25th Reunion Committee of the Student Alumni Association.

Justin Chesnut, alumni events coordinator and liaison between Homecoming Committee and the 25th Reunion Committee, is in charge of the event.

“All ISU students are welcome to come to the omelet breakfast,” said Chesnut, junior in agricultural systems technology. “It’s only $4; there will be omelets and drinks out there.”

The event also may be an opportunity to socialize, Chesnut said.

“[The event] will be a good chance to see a bunch of students … mingle with alumni,” Chesnut said.

Chesnut, in conjunction with the 25th Reunion Committee, decided the theme for the event.

“All our interests have been put into the omelet breakfast,” Chesnut said. “Things have really progressed.”

Chesnut said he is hoping for a good turnout. “It will be nice to see on Sunday how this thing comes together,” he said.

The event may prove to be a nice change from the hectic Homecoming week’s activities, Chesnut said.

While the omelet breakfast costs $4, anyone interested in golfing can pay $30 total for the omelet breakfast and green fees for the golf outing, which begins at 9 a.m.