‘Cycloned Out’ offers chance for romance

Dawn Kanoski

Students looking for a good time, lots of laughs and more importantly, a date, should attend “Cycloned Out”, a dating game show sponsored by the Freshman Council.

The second annual Cycloned Out will take place April 9 at 8 p.m. in the Cardinal Room of the Memorial Union.

Michael Dahlstrom, a member of the FC Social Committee, will be the host of this event. Dahlstrom said his co-host is “going to be pretty interesting” and said everyone should come and check it out.

The show will be run very similarly to the MTV show, “Singled Out.” Anyone who wishes to participate can attend the event. All the names will then be placed in a hat, and three names will be drawn out to be the contestants.

Everyone in the audience will have a chance to be in the gallery and win a date with one of the contestants.

The first round will consist of basic questions to narrow the group down to three to five people.

The questions will cover basic things as eye color, hair color and favorite things to do, said FC co-social chair, Kathy Craig.

Once the field has been narrowed down, the questions will get more interesting.

Dahlstrom said one of his favorite queries involves the contestants using their favorite pick-up lines on a pumpkin. The contestant then gets to choose which line is the best.

There will be three games played, and three lucky couples will be treated to a movie and dinner. The three restaurants include Applebee’s, Diamond Dave’s and Da Vinci’s.

For those not lucky enough to win a date, there will be many other door prizes given away from such sponsors as Coe’s Campus Flowers, Great Plains Sauce and Dough Company, McDonald’s, Pizza Pit, Pizza Hut and Subway.

Craig said FC thought this event would be a good way to get people together and have a good time.

“I hope to have a lot of people come out and participate,” she said. The event will be short and entertaining and a great study break, she said, encouraging everyone to attend. She added that the event is not only for freshman.

“It is going to be a riotous bunch of magnificent fun for the whole family, and it’s more fun then you should be allowed to have,” Dahlstrom said.