Ballroom dancing forum to be held tonight at Union

Erika Nelson

Students attending the Freshmen Council’s forum tonight will leave with a couple of new dance moves.

A ballroom dancing forum, hosted by the ISU Ballroom Dance Company, will be held from 8 to 9:30 p.m. in the Cardinal Room of the Memorial Union.

Ryan Ellsworth, president of the ISU Ballroom Dance Company, will be teaching some basic ballroom dancing moves to attendants.

However, he added the offers lessons outside of this special presentation as well.

Jessica Millhollin, co-chairwoman of the Freshmen Council’s education committee, said the forum serves not only a social function, but also as a learning experience.

“We decided to have a forum that people can interact and have some fun doing,” Millhollin said.

The forum is open to all students interested in both learning some ballroom dancing skills and meeting some new people; however, the forum is targeted at getting freshmen involved.

“I want it to be something [the students] will remember and hopefully take away something from it,” said Dax Kuhfuss, co-chairman for the council’s education committee.

With the use of various speakers and resources on campus, the education committee said it plans to have a variety of forums throughout the semester.