Briefs

Daily Staff Writer

Graduate Student Spring Social — All graduate and professional students and their families are invited to celebrate at the Graduate Student Spring Social today from 5 to 8 p.m. at St. Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Church, 2210 Lincoln Way.

Pizza and pop will be served at the social event, which is sponsored by the Graduate Student Senate.

Crawford Elementary fund-raiser — The PTO for Louise Crawford Elementary School, 415 Stanton Ave., is sponsoring a “Rain Forest Frolic” carnival on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The carnival focuses on recycling and protecting rain forests and will feature rain forest decoration.

The carnival will include activities such as raffles, games, crafts, a magic act and face painting.

In addition, students will be collecting returnable bottles and cans to help purchase some acres of rain forest that will be placed in a trust against destruction.

Donations are welcome, and proceeds from the carnival will be used toward playground improvements, educational materials and Crawford school events.

Ginkgo Festival volunteers needed — The Ginkgo Festival Board is seeking volunteers for its 1998 event.

Positions to be filled for the fourth annual executive board include vice chair, logistics, vending and marketing.

Various board positions also are available.

People who are interested must attend biweekly meetings until March and weekly meetings from April until the festival, which runs from July 10-12.

For further information, contact Sheila at 233-8301.

Blood donors welcome — Mary Greeley Medical Center’s Blood Bank is accepting blood and plasma donations for its patients.

Blood Bank hours are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays; 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays; and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursdays. The Blood Bank is located on the hospital’s first floor, and complimentary valet parking is available.

For more information or to make an appointment, call 239-6939 or 1-800-99-DONATE.