Campus briefs

Daily Staff Writer

ISU Science Fair — Applications are due Friday for middle school and high school students who are interested in taking part in the 1998 Iowa State Science and Technology Fair.

The preliminary application will help organizers prepare for the upcoming fair, which will be held March 27-28.

The science areas are divided into physical and biological sciences, and all projects must cater to regulations set by the science fair committee.

Official entry forms are due March 13 and require parent/guardian signatures. To obtain an entry booklet and further information, call Sandy at 294-3120.

Volunteers needed for arthritis class — The Auxiliary of Mary Greeley Medical Center is looking for two volunteer instructors for an Arthritis Self-Help Class.

Instructors will be asked to teach two six-week classes a year on Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.

A two-year commitment is required. Program materials and training are provided by the Auxiliary of Mary Greeley Medical Center.

Training dates are April 3 and 4. Call 239-2158 for further details.

Arts Education program — Iowa artists and performing groups are conducting arts education residencies through the Iowa Arts Council’s Arts Education Program.

The 1998-1999 Arts Education Artist Roster is accepting applications through March 2. The roster will feature artists of excellence working in all disciplines who are pre-approved to work in the Iowa Arts Council’s arts in education programs.

For further information, contact Kelly Boon by e-mail at [email protected], or call (515) 281-4100.

Textiles and clothing exhibits — Students in textiles and clothing will display their work on Thursday from 3 to 5 p.m. in the LeBaron Hall lounge.

This year’s showcase will be judged by art and apparel professionals and will include eight categories, including wearable art, fashion illustration and problem-solving exercise.

Spectators will vote for “People’s Choice” winners, and refreshments will be served.