Police Blotter

Police Blotter

The following information was provided by the Ames Police Department. All individuals are innocent until proven guilty.

• Michael John Turner, 19, 1408 Wheeler, was cited for careless driving, Nov. 28.
  • Jason Charles Hilpipre, 18, 1405 Collins St., Webster City, was cited for fifth degree theft at Younkers, Nov. 28.
  • Theresa Aunquenette Hall, 30, 1328 24th St., was arrested on two warrants from Black Hawk County and Iowa City for fourth degree theft, Nov. 28. She was later released on bond.
  • Ruth Kuznets Hauptman, 54, 1011 1/2 Brookridge, was arrested for violation of a no contact order, Nov. 28. She was later released by a judge.
  • Robert David Evans, 44, 714 14th St., Eldora, was cited for fifth degree theft at Wal-Mart, Nov. 28.
  • Gretchen Smith, 21, RR 2 Box 41, Nevada, was arrested for operating while intoxicated, Nov. 28. She was later turned over to Story County.

DPS Log

November 20, 1997

• DPS impounded two bicycles that had been found in College Creek, just east of the parking ramp. Estimated value of the bikes is $150.
  • Chris A. Roberts, 3688 Helser Hall, reported that his nameplate was taken from outside of his dorm room while he was at class. Estimated loss is $10.
  • Hit and run property damage accident, Lot 24.
  • DPS received a report stating electrical equipment was taken from the Linden Node Room. Estimated loss is $3,382.64.

November 21, 1997

• A woman student in Linden Hall reported being bothered by a male student. DPS officer spoke with the male.
  • A DPS Parking Division employee reported that he had placed two bundles of lath outside of Room 29, while they were painting. When he returned, one of the bundles was gone. It was also reported that a 7-foot stepladder was missing from outside of the DPS office. Estimated loss of the lath is $23.33. Estimated loss of the ladder is $66.20.
  • Kevin Cavallin, 2724 Buchanan Hall, reported that someone had thrown a concrete brick through the south entrance door of Buchanan Hall. Estimated damage is $300.
  • Vehicle #1, an ISU vehicle, was properly parked in Lot 86, when an unknown vehicle struck it, then left without leaving any information. Estimated damage to the ISU vehicle is $500.
  • Chun Fu Chen, 159D University Village, reported he had received a harassing phone call.
  • Craig Rasmusson, a custodian for General Services, reported he had let a student use his vacuum while he was cleaning in another building. When he returned to I Ed. II, the vacuum was gone from the hallway, where the student said he had left it. Rasmusson said he checked the building but was unable to locate it. Estimated loss is $150.
  • Dale David Grosvenor, 2921 Woodland St., #3, reported that while his van was parked in Lot 13 someone had scratched the driver’s side. Estimated damage is $632.
  • DPS towed a vehicle from the Driver Education Course parking, after the vehicle was left there for about two weeks. The vehicle was towed to Butch’s as being an abandoned vehicle.
  • Subject driving without a driver’s license on Lincoln Way at the flats.

November 22, 1997

• DPS received a report that Michelle Lynn Witt, 224 S. Kellogg Ave., #5, had fallen and may have neck injuries while involved in cheerleading practice in the Jacobson Building. She was transported to Mary Greeley Medical Center.
  • Personal injury accident in Lot 63.
  • DPS observed two females with open cans of beer in Lot S-1. When they saw the officer, they put the cans down on the tailgate of the vehicle they were standing behind. When officer checked their IDs, he found that they were only 19 years of age. Kristin Jo Sherk, 3500 N. Grand Ave., #47, and Brandi Sue Borer, 4034 Oak Hall, were cited for possession under the legal age and released.
  • Daryl R. Decker, 1459 Helser Hall, reported that the license plate, # DUBLED, was taken from his vehicle while it was parked in Lot 59. Estimated loss is $10.
  • Property damage accident at the Hilton.
  • Elena Polouchkina, 18 Curtis Hall, reported that she had stopped at the entrance to the MU Ramp to get her parking receipt. As she drove past the mechanism for the dispenser, it fell on her vehicle. Estimated damage to the vehicle is $175.

November 23, 1997

• Brad Knapp, M316 Larch Hall, reported that five traffic signs were found in various rooms in Larch Hall. He said they were found while the RCA guards were doing safety checks of the rooms. Brad, the HD, said he would give each room a letter telling them that if they have sales receipts for the signs, they can contact our office to get them back.

November 24, 1997

• Trespass of real property, Beyer Hall.
  • Mark B. Dinning, 44B Schilletter Village, reported he had received a harassing phone message on his answering machine.
  • Five people were cited for possession of alcohol under the legal age in 1266 Friley Hall.